El-Shaddai



Hello beautiful people! I hope you are having a great week so far.

I want to thank all of you for sending so much love for my special day.
Your prayers and wishes mean a lot.

Overwhelmed.
Overjoyed.
That's how I feel today.


I am excited to share my special birthday gift from God this year ....


For the past 18 months, there has been a big hole in my heart and to be able to say "I am enough" is sometimes a struggle for me.  As I have shared a few weeks ago (here), God clearly spoke to me that He is more than enough.  And to my surprise, He sent another confirmation today through the word "El-Shaddai"

I have heard "El-Shaddai" many times before, especially growing up with my parents, who always used it in prayers, sermons, words of encouragement and so on without really knowing the meaning of it. This time, I am determined to find the meaning and what He wants me to do with it.

El-Shaddai means God, The Almighty One described in two major characters: Omnipotent and Sufficient.  When I saw the word sufficient, my eyes just popped! 
El-Shaddai is first found in Genesis 17:1-2 

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

And because God, the El-Shaddai, the ALL SUFFICIENT ONE, was the one who made this promise, Abraham and Sarah were able to conceived and bear a child in their old age. And God's covenant is fullfilled!

I believe that God Almighty, the El-Shaddai wants to re-assure me that in Him, I am enough. In Him is my completeness.  I need to give my heart once again and let HIM be my sufficiency. No more hole. All of His promises shall be fulfilled, not because I am worthy but because of His grace.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

He is God that is ENOUGH
ENOUGH for me
ENOUGH for you
Enough to mend our broken hearts
Enough to heal our sickness
Enough to supply all of our need
Enough to enable us to do all things
Enough to make our dreams into reality
Enough to perform the impossibles
Enough to protect us
Enough to plan the details of our lives
Enough to love, forgive, redeem, and accept us
Regardless of any circumstances
He is our El-Shaddai, the All Sufficient One



For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts