When in Doubt




Last night, out of my desperation, I told God "Do You really listen to my prayer?"

In the past two weeks there is a particular prayer that I have been waiting for an answer. Every morning, I prayed boldly, believing that today is going to be the day. Every night, I prayed boldly again, believing that tonight God is working and the answer will be delivered the next day. It's been going on for two weeks. The kids and the big family are all involved, praying for one breakthrough. And honestly, there were nights when my mind wandered thinking about all the what ifs and doubt started talking louder.

I felt so bad, doubting God, yet I knew that He honors my honesty.

After asking that silly question, I tucked my kids in bed and I asked my daughter to pray for one more time with that specific request.

As I was about to step out of their room, I grabbed a purse that I haven't touched for a month to look for something and there I found something different. I found an empty water bottle. My jaw dropped! My daughter shouted "That's the answer to our prayer, mommy!"

My son has requested me to find an empty 330ml water bottle for his school project since a few days ago. That day, before I left my office, my son called to remind me to bring an empty bottle (we don't normally stock on 330ml bottle at home, but the office does), yet when I got home I realized that I totally forgot to grab a bottle! (please forgive me, son!). Before bed, I told him that I will grab the bottle from the office before school time tomorrow.

But there it was, in the middle of my doubt, the much-needed-empty bottle suddenly appeared.

I knew it was God who set it up. Before I was able to compose words, He whispered 
"I am here, my child, 
listening to every prayer you lift up, 
and ready to give you the answer 
at the right time & right place".




I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD 
in the land of the living! 
Wait for the LORD; be strong, 
and let your heart take courage; 
wait for the LORD! 
Psalms 27:13-14 

Friends, we might share the same story. You and I might be in a time of waiting for one answer. Let's trust Him once again. Let's trust His perfect timing because He will never fail us. The answer of your prayer is it's way.


"If the Lord Jehovah makes us wait, let us do so with our whole hearts; for blessed are all they that wait for Him. He is worth waiting for. The waiting itself is beneficial to us: it tries faith, exercises patience, trains submission, and endears the blessing when it comes. The Lord's people have always been a waiting people" - Charles Spurgeon

 
For His Glory


Comments

Popular Posts