Meet Me at Tiffany's



It was two years ago when I was on an out-of-town trip. She was a friend of a friend. We met only for a few hours, just enough to exchange small pieces of our life stories. She was in a season of waiting. I was in a season of healing. The encounter was brief but enough to mark my heart. I felt like meeting an angel.

That night I received sweet messages from the new friend. She mentioned how she just couldn’t shake my story off her head so she decided to go through my life on Instagram and the blog. I felt honored. It was easy for her to relate to my stories as she was personally going through the deep valley at that moment. We ended up texting back and forth and ended the conversation by her telling me that she will be delivering something for me the next day.

Her busy schedule did not allow her to see me personally the next day, so she asked someone to deliver the gift. As I opened the box, I just couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw a little pouch sitting pretty in a box. The shade of the pouch looked familiar, the brand looked too familiar.

Just two nights prior to this historical trip, some friends and I threw a bridal shower to a girlfriend whose wedding was two weeks away. In that intimate shower, we picked the theme of “Tiffany”. Imagine a table of girlfriends with tiffany blue table setting and arrangement, tiffany blue decor, and three-tier cake that looked like tiffany boxes stacked together. So tiffany-beautiful. 
I remembered clearly how busy we were arranging that table and as the final touch before the surprise shower started, I straightened the beautiful cake and deeply whispered “I never had a piece of Tiffany before”. Then the bride-to-be arrived and off we dove into a fun bridal shower. 

So, when I saw a Tiffany & Co pouch in that box, I knew it was God!
With tears in my eyes and a big smile, I said “Papa, you’re too funny!”

The delivery from Heaven to Earth took approximately two days. 

From a silly and quiet wish that no human’s ears have ever heard to holding my first ever Tiffany. It was like getting a visit from a fairy godmother when she asked "what would you like my dear? just say it and it will be on your hand". But it was more than a cinderella story. It was my Papa God!


That day was two years ago. He knew I needed some sort of assurance that He hears. He knew that for the next two years I needed to remember it over and over again about how both big audacious requests and little whispers matter to Him.

Maybe your experience is different than mine.
Maybe yours is finding a little parking spot on a crowded sunday afternoon
or getting a very good deal on groceries when you are at a very tight budget
or hearing your favorite song played on the radio just when you think about it
or getting an unexpected hug from your two-year-old when no one knows how broken you are
or receiving an encouraging text message from a long lost friend just when you feel so alone.

And whatever it is, my friends, I urge you to continue encouraging your soul with those memories. Remind yourself how much He would go high and low just to tell you how much He loves you and how far He cares for you. Friends, you are precious to Him, regardless the hurricane in your life, God knows what’s going on with you and He is making a way for you. So, don’t let your tiny faith go.

For your Father knows 
exactly what you need 
even before you ask him! 
Matthew 6:8 



Friends, if He was willing to meet me at the Tiffany’s, He must be more than willing to meet you wherever you are.



For His Glory,
Felecia


PS: To my Heaven-sent friend, I am grateful for the day God brought us together. You are a gift to me. Your "yes" to Papa God has impacted my faith big time. I am who I am today is because of God and your "yes". 

Comments

Popular Posts