Picking Up where We Left Off


February 21, 2018
Personal journal entry

Today Heaven is rejoicing as one of the greatest man alive finally arrived in his home. My mind can only imagine an epic homecoming party for a son who has given literally every single flesh, blood, tears, sweat, joy, love, smile, and hope for his Heavenly Dad while living on his temporary home. 

Today the world is honoring a hero who have impacted the world in indescribable way. For me, Rev. Billy Graham is a living testimony of how a temporary life on earth is given for an eternal purpose no mind can fanthom. Although I never knew him in person, my heart is saddened as I scroll down the Instagram feed yet at the same time encouraged as I witness how big is His faith in God. Through his faith I could see the beautiful unseen. Through his simple words, Rev. Billy Graham was able to paint a clear picture of the eternal home, the destination of our souls, the place where my soul longs for, the house where my soul will dwell peacefully, the home that is built originally for all of us.

Today my eyes were opened. For weeks, I have struggled with the big question of life “What is God’s purpose for me? Am I walking on the right track?”. A question that I believe many of us seek for the answer throughout our lives. A question that commonly appears when we are overwhelmed with responsibilities, passion and dreams. A question that pops out when things do not go as we wish for, when the outcome is different than our expectation. A question that (I believe) will continue to show up once in a while and is essential for our souls to stay in tune with the heartbeat of our Creator.

Today, I realize that my soul has the answer from the very beginning. My soul knows that I am created and wired for a great purpose given by my Father: to love Him, to make Him known and to make others encounter God. The what, where, when, how is personalized for my story and revealed just enough for me to take the next step. Today, Rev. Billy Graham has given a glimpse of my happy ending and for that, my heart is content. 

Today, Holy Spirit reminds me that every challenge, every battle, every tear, every pain, every sweat, every question is incomparable to the joy that is awaiting at the end of my story.




Friends, if you are currently battling with similar questions, I pray that today your eyes will be opened and your heart will be light. Let’s pick up where we left off and continue to rock the journey


For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. 
Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 
So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now;
rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.
For the things we see now will soon be gone,
but the things we cannot see will last forever.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18




Rev. Billy Graham, thank you for today and I cannot wait to see you in person one day. 



For His Glory~

Felecia 


Comments

Popular Posts