In the Face of Impossibilities


Have you ever heard a girl named Mary? 
When she was about 14 years old, an angel appeared before her and told her that she is favored by God Himself and she is going to be pregnant with the Son of God. 

2000 years later, most of us wish we were Mary and had the honor to be the Mother of Jesus. We've known Mary as a noble woman, chosen by God Himself to carry out an ultimate plan to save humanity. Mary was included in a grand plan that took millions of years in the making. She was in God's mind all along. 

I wonder what Mary thought of that night? 
She must be in shock 
Maybe she was shaking 
Was she overwhelmed with fear? 
Did she think that her life was over? 

"Should I tell my parents about the angel?" 
"What would people say if they knew I am pregnant?" 
"Was it really an angel or am I getting crazy?" 
"What would Joseph think?" 

Suddenly, out of the blue, 
It seemed like 
Her future was altered 
Her world was turned upside down 
Her life was over 

I wonder how did the days following her angelic encounter look like? 
shameful? her belly was growing bigger each day 
alone? nobody didn't believe her story 
rejected? she was the hottest gossip in Nazareth 
afraid? she had no idea how to raise a child, even more the Son of God 
confused? the angel gave no instructions 
broken? her future looked far from bright 

Maybe she cried out to God every night, maybe her pillow was soaked in tears. 
Maybe Mary was as scared, confused, broken, worry as many of us. 
Maybe Mary was facing the impossibilities just like many of us right now. 



10 years ago, I had to sit on the table with a plate of impossibilities. When my husband died, I didn't know how to live with a limp. I didn't know how to live with the pain, agony and grief. I didn't know how to raise my children as a single mom, I didn't know how to be whole again. I didn't know how to rise up again. I didn't know anything. Everything was dark. I was confused, broken, wounded, alone, afraid. 

BUT GOD 

He turned the past 10 years into a journey of finding Him, finding myself and finding my purpose in the midst of impossibilities. Just like Mary perhaps, I have found the greatest joy, the purest peace and the greatest assurance in His presence. 

Friends, maybe you are facing impossibilities right now, the mountain is too big, the road is too long & hard, the heart is too broken, the feet are too weak. But friends, please keep going, hold on to God's promises, trust Him, because He will take you there. You will get there. We will all get there. Just like Mary. 

And Mary said, 
Behold, the handmaid of the Lord; 
be it unto me according to thy word. 
And the angel departed from her. 
Luke 1:38




with love, 
FW

Comments

Popular Posts