You are not Forgotten



"Haven't forgotten you" 
- a message from a well-known mega church's Pastor for the people in Eastern Europe. 

When I saw that posted on instagram yesterday, my heart melted, and I began to think about hurting people, who just experienced a tragedy, a loss of loved ones, who are grieving and in pain. People whose world have been turned upside down and now walking a life felt forgotten and alone. 

Why do they feel forgotten?

My life, my world, my reality was shattered into pieces when my husband passed away. I lived in this so-called empty space. My heart was empty, my present was empty, my future was even emptier. In addition to that, I still had to be "there" as an anchor to my three children. 

It was hard
It was devastating
It was impossible

I was pretty much numbed during the first month. At that time, the love that was poured out by people surround me, anchored my broken heart. Then the reality started to creep in. The new routine, new way of doing ordinary tasks, decisions to make, plans had to be made. My soul screamed "I can't do this, please just freeze the time". But the rest of world continued to go on. Their world was still the same. And many many times, I felt forgotten ....

"Why can't they just mourn with me? This reality is not the one that I wanted. Why did you forget about me, this wounded and broken person?"

And even until today, three years later, there are times when I still feel forgotten and left out but now I know how to answer the question in my heart.

"I am not and never forgotten"

How can I be so certain?

'Cause my Father promises ....

“Can a mother forget the infant at her breast,
walk away from the baby she bore?
But even if mothers forget,
I’d never forget you—never. 
Look, I’ve written your names on the backs of my hands.
The walls you’re rebuilding are never out of my sight.
Isaiah 49:15-16

And as tangible proofs, my Father sent people who love and embrace us. They faithfully lift me and the children in their prayers and they actually plan things out for us, simply because they want to be the hands and feet of God. 

For this, I am grateful.

For my brokenhearted and wounded friends out there, please allow me to reassure you through this post that "You are never forgotten"

Your Father in Heaven thinks about you all the time.
And let me be just the one person to say that I think about you all the time and pray for you. I know your days are tough, your hearts are broken, and you feel like giving up but have hope, my friends. Our God will come through, always~





For His Glory~

PS: Do you need someone to pray with you? You may leave a comment below or feel free to email me with your prayer request and I will gladly pray for and with you. 

Comments

Popular Posts