IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!



Written on May 24, 2011
The past weekend, I had a privilege to meet three men of God who’ve been serving God faithfully. They gave their hearts, lives, time, plans, money, families, to God and serve Him for the expansion of His Kingdom. My (late) husband got to spend a lot of time with them and the experience had changed him tremendously. These 3 men constantly think about God and what can they do for Him. They see each opportunity as a way to bring glory to His name. They are ordinary people just like us who dare to do things beyond ordinary. If I hadn’t known Christ, maybe I would say that these people are out of their mind, and their live doesn’t really make sense!

This morning through my bible reading, I learned once again about somebody whose life doesn’t make sense. His name was King David.

II Samuel 6:16-23 (NLT)
16 But as the Ark of the LORD entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she was filled with contempt for him.
17 They brought the Ark of the LORD and set it in its place inside the special tent David had prepared for it. And David sacrificed burnt offerings and peace offerings to the LORD. 
18 When he had finished his sacrifices, David blessed the people in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. 
19 Then he gave to every Israelite man and woman in the crowd a loaf of bread, a cake of dates,[b] and a cake of raisins. Then all the people returned to their homes.
20 When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. She said in disgust, “How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!”
21 David retorted to Michal, “I was dancing before the LORD, who chose me above your father and all his family! He appointed me as the leader of Israel, the people of the LORD, so I celebrate before the LORD. 
22 Yes, and I am willing to look even more foolish than this, even to be humiliated in my own eyes! But those servant girls you mentioned will indeed think I am distinguished!” 
23 So Michal, the daughter of Saul, remained childless throughout her entire life.

See how David was not making any sense to Michal (his wife). Even though Michal, being king David’s wife for so long had witnessed God’s great works in his life, yet for her the way David worshipped God was foolish, it seemed that for her God doesn’t deserve to be worshipped as David did. David was doing something beyond ordinary; he worshipped God beyond his regular worship gesture, rejoicing because the ark of God was finally brought up back to the city of David.

Jesus himself on His time on earth was doing things that do not make sense, Feeding 5000 people only with 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread, healing a blind man with His spit & mud, walking on water, finding 2 coins inside a fish mouth, and many more.

John 14:12-14 (NLT)
12 “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13 You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14 Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

The Bible clearly says that children of God will do the same works Jesus has done even greater. But we need to ask Him to do it for us while all we need to do is to make ourselves available and obey.
Friends, today, God wants to remind us once again that we as His children will do things beyond ordinary, things that do not make sense to others. Our part is right now to get out from our comfort zone and just do it.

Comments

Popular Posts