Seeing the Invisible



The alarm woke me up at 7 am instead of 6 am this morning. So I was kind of rushing to start my day and did not have a chance to sit down and take the time to listen and talk to my Best Friend as usual. So, in my mind I just kept shouting to Him, God I want to be close to you today, speak to me.

When I started driving around and dropped of the kids at 2 different location, the verse that kept popping on my head is
 "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (NIV)
 "For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better." (NLT)
  Philippians 1:21

For some people this is a foolishness, how can you say that dying is even better? To die is something that most of us do not look forward to. But for me, being able to experience a farewell to my better half and going through the grieving process opened my eyes that death should be a beautiful moment for the person who dies because he finally arrives to his destination: HEAVEN.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 
17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 
18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Last week, I just heard a farewell news of my childhood Sunday school teacher/mentor.  He was a faithful servant of God who gave everything he had for the Kingdom of God. Surprisingly, I did not feel sad at all, in fact I was so happy for him because finally he arrived to his destination and met with his beloved Creator to live forever in eternity. I could totally picture it in my mind how Heaven rejoices and Father God opened His wide arms to welcome him. He feels no more pain and sorrow there.

So today, let's fix our eyes on what is unseen, the invisible that is eternal.  If we still worry about our life and what can we gain, what can we achieve, things that we need in this temporary life, then we have to come and ask Him to reveal Himself and to set Eternity in our hearts.
Let's not focus on our earthly troubles but ask God to reveal Himself more through our troubles to draw us closer to Eternity, after all our lives are not our own anymore but HIS~

"You set ETERNITY in my heart, so I'll live for you" - Here to Eternity (Hillsong)

For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts