Super Food



Written on May 25, 2011

Matthew 4:3-4 (NLT)
3 During that time the devil came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes from the mouth of God’.”

In the verses above Jesus clearly said in order to live we need both physical bread and spiritual bread, which is His word. Let’s think about how hungry we are after 12 hours without food, or maybe after 24 hours (if you are a super strong person). Even Medical world suggests us to eat something every 3-4 hours to keep our blood sugar level & metabolism normal.

Now think about how long can we live our life without the word of God? 1 day? 1 week? 1 month? Some believers can live without His word for years and they still call themselves believers! Without the Word of God, we might not look hungry in the outside but our soul & spirit are crying out loud in hunger. And when a person’s soul & spirit is hungry, NOTHING will satisfy him EXCEPT the word of God.

Psalm 119:36-40 (NLT)
36 Give me an eagerness for your laws
rather than a love for money!
37 Turn my eyes from worthless things,
and give me life through your word.[a]
38 Reassure me of your promise,
made to those who fear you.
39 Help me abandon my shameful ways;
for your regulations are good.
40 I long to obey your commandments!
Renew my life with your goodness.

David was crying out to God to satisfy his physical hunger of the love of money, worthless things and human shameful ways with God’s spiritual food consisting of His laws, His word, His promises, His regulation, and His commandments.
David knows that those physical hunger/needs will not be satisfied unless He seeks for the true SUPER Food that will make him full and satisfied.

Acts 13:22 (NLT)
22 But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.’

The reason God called David the man after His own heart, simply because He did what God wanted him to do. I believe one of them was choosing to live on every word that comes from God’s mouth.

John 14:21,23-24 (NLT)
21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
23 Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. 
24 Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me.

I believe David understands this concept even before the verses above were written; that when he accepts & obeys God commandments, He was telling God that he loves Him. No wonder David was called a man after God’s own heart.
Today, let’s eat and feast on our Super Food, let’s make our physical & spiritual being solely depend on it. Let’s ask the Holy Spirit to help you and me in making His word a priority in our lives because we cannot live on bread alone.

Comments

Popular Posts