Mindful



For the past 2,5 months, my life has been turned 180 degree. Never in my wildest dream that I would be living this totally different life that I've never even imagined before. My life that includes my children, my family, my church is totally and will be forever changed. But today, I am still rest assured that this change is going to be a beautiful change even though sometimes I still wish that I do not have to go through this painful experience. I have learned that anything can happen to anybody including me, we don't even know what is going to happen in the next minute, hour, or day, yet our assurance should be He knows what is BEST for all of us.

James 4:13-17 tells us how our lives is just like mist therefore we should not be boastful in planning our lives as if nothing will ever happen to us.

Boasting About Tomorrow
      13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, 
            spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 
      14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. 
            What is your life? 
            You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 
      15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 
      16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil. 
      17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

We cannot live our lives as if God is not there. Most of the time we push Him aside our schedule and planning yet call Him in when facing troubles. We ought to include God in every decision, every planning, every detail of our lives. God Himself longs to embrace us with His abundant love and grace and He is waiting for us to ask Him. He is thinking about us all the time.  Are we thinking about Him all the time? Only each of us know the answer.....

Who am I that You are mindful of me?
That You hear me when I call
(Friend of God - Israel Houghton)

For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts