Delight Yourself and ...






Delight yourself also in the Lord
And He shall give you the desires of 
your heart.

Psalm 37:4






November marked as the 4th month we are here in Indonesia. I couldn't believe that we have stayed that long. As we are getting use to the life here, our hearts miss home so much! Many many many times my children expressed how much they miss things from Hot Cheetos to spending all day at Forever 21 (LOL) and of course our family and friends there. We would have some sort of "pity party" together but one day, God reminded me to open our eyes and appreciate all the blessing we have in front of us. 

We choose to delight in Him. And guess what? He gave us the desires of our hearts. From little to big things: families, friends (new and old), fun trips, a community, opportunities to give, witnessing a special life-event, surprises from far far away, a complete thanksgiving dinner, pumpkin pie, US cereals (fruity pebbles & honey bunches of oats), a place to get affordable used US books (just like amazon), kids' fave place to hang out, cloudy (just like) Fall weather, cool breeze, the rain. 

Thank you, Jesus.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life"

Delighting myself in the Lord is not really my natural in this healing journey, so once in a while I still need to remind myself.  But I know the more I delight in Him, the more I will see how much He has been giving me my heart's deepest desires and how much He loves to "spoil" me.

Have you been struggling to delight in Him? 
Send me an email so I can pray for you and send you an encouragement email once in a while :)

For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts