It's OK



As a widow, meeting new people is never easy. I would prefer to meet people that I am familiar with, who already know my story. It takes somewhat a courage to walk into a room of new people.

Many times, I don't have that much courage. Nervous and uneasy, I usually would just sit down, stay quiet, smile, nod, and stay close to my familiar people. I would limit the conversation to; hi, how are you, the weather, and the latest news. And when the person started to go deeper, I would try to swift the conversation.

Today, I had that kind of encounter at church. I said hi to a "new" person, we introduced ourselves, then she saw the kids and asked me what about your husband. Honestly, I did not expect her to ask, but I gave my answer anyway and then a smile.

As simple as that

Sometimes I wonder why I got so nervous. To think about it, maybe because I don't have the control of what's going to happen after I said that he's no longer with me. There is always a big chance that I could break into tears, (yeah, that's what I am afraid about). Crying in front of a stranger; not easy at all.

But I am glad to introduce myself and my story today.

We all have our own stories, and sometimes it's not easy to share when we just met at the first time. But whenever you're ready, it's ok to open up a bit. it's good for your heart.



Love,
Felecia

Comments

Popular Posts