Books Recommendation - January's Read



Hi friends, I can't believe it's the last day of January. In the beginning of this year, I made a commitment to read 24 books in 2013. My plan is to read 2 books each month. So, below are 2 books I've read this month.

The first one is Anything: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul by Jennie Allen


During my time reading this book, I was taken back to the memory of reading Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God for the very first time. It was in early of 2011 and at that time, my heart was stirred up and ready to say "YES", then my life was flipped upside-down a few months after.  Another season began and God started to work even more in my life and I realized that His master plan is way higher than my "scrapbook dream".  At the end of reading this book, I couldn't contain it no more. I lifted up my prayer of ANYTHING and each day thereafter.
I thank God that I started this year reading this book, it seemed like He purposely lead me to find it.


The second one is Greater: Dream Bigger. Start Smaller. Ignite God's Vision for Your Life. by Steven Furtick


We are called to do greater. Many times, I felt stuck with a dream which I believe is from God.  In this book, Ps. Furtick tells us to dream big, start smaller. He uses the story of Elisha, a prophet who received a double portion anointing of his former mentor Elijah. The best chapter for me personally is "Burn the Plows", a call to remove any obstacles that chain me to the ordinary. It's about obedience.
Again, it seemed like God sent this book, truly a confirmation of the previous book.

I would highly recommend both books to any of you who have been seeking God's purpose in your life.


“I don’t think the way you think. 
  The way you work isn’t the way I work.” 
  God’s Decree. 
“For as the sky soars high above earth, 
  so the way I work surpasses the way you work, 
  and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
  Isaiah 55 (MSG)


For His Glory~

Felecia

Comments

Popular Posts