Live Fully


Hi Friends! 

Today is a happy day.  I am officially an aunt of 2 super handsome nephews.  The newest addition to the family was born yesterday.  Born a week early at 7lbs 15oz, I'm quite sure he'll grow up to be a champ in all kinds of sport.  With a mixed feeling, as it has always been in the past 2 years, I lifted up my gratitude to my Father for this blessing. 

Thank you for the blessing of a nephew, Lord!
I am honored to be called an auntie. 
This is a gift. 

As I was reflecting back of what has happened in the past 2 long years.  God gave me the word LIFE and the first verse that I turned to was John 10:10 

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; 
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (NIV)

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. 
My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (NLT)

But how do I live to the fullest when life circumstances are filled with problems and challenges, not to mention pain?  My life journey hasn't been that pleasant, the pain seems unbearable sometimes.  But along the way, I have learned 3 things that I want to share with you, friends:
  • Live in the NOW. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future. I live now. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson.  To live fully is to breathe, think in and enjoy the NOW.  In whatever I do, wherever I am, I choose to absorb the moment as much as I possibly can without my mind being somewhere else. 
  • Live in Gratitude. This month I finished reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp and as I started to open my eyes and give thanks for every little things I see, hear, smell, taste, and feel, life is much fuller.  I've been living an amazing life but many times my vision were tunneled to lack and setbacks instead of His blessing and favor.
  • Live in the Author and Finisher of Faith. Focusing on Jesus and resting on His finished work is my goal everyday.  Living in the NOW requires a surrendering heart knowing that my life is just an empty jar without Him. He is the only source of fullness. I have enough.

Now the thief, on the other side, comes to kill, steal, and destroy our joy, our dream, our spirit, and our lives. The thief will do whatever he can to corner us with regret and condemnation of the past, fear and worry of the future, and we can end up living ungrateful focusing on the things of this world, failure or success. Don't let the devil deceive us. He is just a roaring lion.

The choice is ours. 
I choose daily to live fully. 



For His Glory~ 


Comments

Bethany Shirley said…
Thank you for writing this post! I've been trying so hard lately to not be discouraged. As a senior graduating college in May,I've been worried I won't find a job soon. Some of my friends already have their jobs lined up. I feel like the devil is trying to squeeze all these negative thoughts in my head, but this post reminded me to trust the One who holds my future. I don't know what my life will look like after I leave college. I don't even know what events will happen tomorrow, but I can't live in fear. I have to continue to live every day to the fullest because God is orchestrating my life according to His time, not mine.
Felecia Wong said…
Hi Bethany!
Thank you for stopping by. I am glad that God spoke to you through this post.

Jeremiah 29:11 He knows what kind of plan He has for you, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
I believe God wants you to live in that promise each day and to live fully in the NOW with a steady heart.

Congratulations on your graduation! Keep dreaming. Keep believing. He has the best in store for you. 5 years from now, you will look back and will stand in awe of your Creator.

Popular Posts