Imperfection


"Our family is not perfect, but I love it this way"

My daughter surely grabbed my attention. 
"What do you mean by that, babe?" I asked her. 
"You know, our family doesn't do stuff like, "would you like a cup of tea?", the 'normal' stuff that they do in the movies, we do crazy stuff instead", she replied. 

I smiled and lifted up my gratitude. 

God is surely at work.  Jesus is healing my children one by one, little by little. 

:: :: ::

As a firstborn, I grew up striving for perfection. 

I still remember how I would get upset when my drawing was not perfect, how I would comb my hair many many many times to get a straight line, or redo my pony tail several times 'till it was perfectly placed. A little (too much) OCD was in my blood too early. LOL! 

As a young girl, I dreamed for a perfect prince charming (who don't), a perfect wedding, a perfect marriage, a perfect set of children, a perfect family. And they live happily ever after-The End.  Sounds so magical.  Sound familiar?

Then as I grew up and walked my life, I realize that life is full of imperfections.  My wedding was far from perfect (now you know why I love to organize weddings), my marriage was not perfect, my children are not perfect, my family is not perfect, my life is not perfect. And the real truth that took me a while to accept is I am imperfect and will always be imperfect.  

Then,
I gave up striving for perfection 
I gave up making myself and my life perfect
I was tired
I laid myself down at the foot of the Cross

Take me with my imperfections, Jesus.  
My life is Yours. 
Your Grace is more than enough

The Cross set me free from the bondage and Jesus opened my eyes to see the beauty of imperfection.  As I let God and let Grace take over my life and circumstances ...
I started to see Beauty 
I started to see Grace
I started to see Wonders 
I started to see Miracles

My life is BEAUTIFUL.




Have you ever struggled with perfection? How did you come out from it? 


For His Glory~



Comments

Popular Posts