One Peace at a Time (part 1)




There is always something about water and kids.

My kids love to swim (a lot) and each of them has been enjoying the pool since they were as young as 5 months old.  Being in the water was one of their bonding time with daddy.  It's really special.  I was blessed to have one of those moments caught on a camera; it was my son's first pool experience with daddy and sisters at 5 months old.  We've been watching it over and over again since then. And as much as they always enjoyed their time in the water, I also enjoyed my Me time reading, taking pictures, and watching them.

So for the past 22 months, swimming was not my favorite thing to do eventhough my kids still love to do it so much.

I was angry

I was sad

I was uneasy

I had to be in the pool with the kids, missing him and thinking how the kids must have been missing him too.  Many times I would rush their time in the water.

It was painful

I felt like a bad mom

:: :: ::

But during our recent 4-days-spring-break-trip, as I have promised the kids and myself, I took them to swim during our stay at the hotel, not once but twice.  It turned out to be one of the magical moments for us.

I was at peace

I had a great time

I enjoyed every second of it

We played hide and seek in the water, laughed our hearts out, acted silly and just be close to each other.   I realized that as the time passed by, my daughters are now able to swim on their own and even take care of their brother in the water.  As I took a step back to see the bigger picture, I was in awe.

"As I took a step back to see the bigger picture, I was in awe"

No more rushing

No more pain

I was healed


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

:: :: ::

Friends, just like what I have experienced, healing for your broken hearts might not come overnight.  It might come in 1 month for one part and 1.5 year for the other part of your hearts.  It might take you one peace at a time but I want you to believe in God who promises to leave and give Peace.  Don't be discouraged when you are still upset doing things that you used to do together, just keep doing it.

You peace is here.

Your healing is near.

Your healing is real. 





Stay tuned for One Peace at a Time (part 2)

For His Glory~



Comments

Popular Posts