Motherhood & Grace


Being a mother is ...
learning about strengths you didn't know you had, 
and dealing with fears you didn't know existed. 
-Linda Wooten


I love being a mother.
I think children is God's greatest idea.
Even when motherhood comes with extra bonuses of never ending tasks & requests, chaotic mornings, sleepless nights, long explanations in every single conversation, I will never trade my joy of being a mom for anything else. 

12 years of being a mom, I've learned that receiving and extending grace is what motherhood all about.  To extend grace to my own children means to love and accept them unconditionally and to treat them with respect as God's beloveds. And when I fall short a.k.a being impatient & angry, losing it, and not being a good role model, I have to remember not to beat myself up but instead to open my heart and receive grace.

When my thoughts are overwhelmed with questions 
Am I a good mother? 
Did I do enough for my children? 
Did I give them enough attention? 
What if they don't get enough love?
Has their childhood been a pleasant experience?
Did I set a good example for them?
Are they going to be OK when they grow up?

God always tells me 
My grace is enough; it’s all you need. 
My strength comes into its own in your weakness
2 Corinthians 12:9

I surrender. 
My children are HIS.

I am here to receive, lean on and extend grace as a (single) mother believing that with Jesus, I am enough. And with Jesus as my children's Utmost Teacher (Isaiah 54:13), they will grow up more than fine.  

Friends, as we celebrate Mothers (one of them is you) today, I want you to remember that God chose you regardless any life' circumstances to be the mother of your children. He knows your needs and weaknesses and He knows that with His Grace, you are enough




Sending love and hugs to all mothers out there! 
You are loved
You are greatly appreciated
You are blessed
:: Happy Mother's Day ::


For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts