Whose Grass is Greener?




The grass is always greener on the other side-

Whenever I hear this saying, I always imagine a neighborhood with picket fences houses on Saturday morning. Both neighbors were just done mowing the lawn and one neighbor would think that his grass is not as green as the neighbor's across the street. And guess what, it will never be.

This image is kinda too old for today's interpretation because in the social media era, we suddenly have thousands of neighbors from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, fellow bloggers and more.  Every minute, every hour, every day, we are exposed to other people's lives more than ever before!  It's no longer on Saturday Morning only when the grass is greener on the other side.

:::

She has such a beautiful organized house where everything is in its place while my house has laundry piling up to the ceiling and hand prints all over the wall 

Such  beautiful couple! I wish I had that kind of marriage .....

I wish I could be as successful as he is, traveling almost every month to places that I don't even dare to dream about. 

Another new purse? When will I even be able to afford one? 

I wonder how can I look as young as her?

5 kids and she always has a smile on her face? Doesn't she get tired and upset? I wish my kids were all well behaved just like hers 

:::


That was "me" until God spoke through this .....

Don't compare your behind the scenes life with other people's highlight reel 
Ps. Steven Furtick 

Sharing highlights are normal, that's what I do too!

always quick to tweet/post pictures/post update on beautiful scenery of places, the family with big smiles on our face, yummy food, outfit of the day, kids' accomplishment, old friends gathering.

But I always wait (and later decided not) to tweet/post pictures/post update on my messy house, bad hair day, grouchy kids, too-much-to-handle workload, me worrying & crying, sleepless nights, my raging heart, my vulnerability.

Without realizing, highlights are more attractive. 





But friends, let's remember that our less-exposed behind the scene lives are as important as the highlights.
Both of them resound God's Grace that is at work.
Both of them prove that we are simply nothing without Him.
Both behind the scenes and highlights are made for God's glory.


Have you ever fall into comparison? 
Feel free to share your experience below on the comment section. 


For His Glory~


Comments

Popular Posts