Shine



Hi friends!

Have you ever experienced getting the same word over and over again? Either it's from the Bible, the book you read, sermon messages, people surround you. Well, for me starting from the beginning of 2014, everywhere I turned there is always the word "shine". So I believe that's the word from the Lord for me this year.

Three years ago, I receive similar word, "arise & shine". I was so excited until I found my life shattered into pieces 6 months later. My world went dark, cloudy, blurry, and I had no single reason to arise and shine. But my God is a God who never gives up, always reaches out, and never gets tired in waiting. He is the Master Planner and His best plan is always at work even when we have to make several stops and u-turns.

Let me share one of the verses where God really spoke to me.

Matthew 5:14-16 MSG
Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.



I believe the word "shine" is not only for me but also for you. God wants all of us to shine and show the world who He really is despite any condition of lives. Let's go public about our God, open ourselves to people whom He placed around us, and make Him known. You are the light and the time to shine is now.  

For His Glory~


Comments

Popular Posts