Greatest Joy


A mother's greatest joy in having a child
is to give that child freely and fully to God
-Elizabeth George

I questioned God, "how can I raise them alone?" on the first day of my grieving journey. I mourned not only for the death of my beloved husband but also for my children's days ahead. I was drained to empty. I had nothing left. I was clueless. I did not know what to do.

I bargained. I questioned. 'till the day I received this promise 

All your children will be taught by the Lord, 
and great will be their peace. 
Isaiah 54:13

And I said "yes" to single parenthood.
I gave my children freely and fully to God.

It was a rough road as we started, adjustment to a new routine, new leadership, mixed with all kinds of feelings, a new life that I've never imagined before, not even in my wildest dream. Absolutely no manual in how to raise your children solo. My hope, my teacher, my mentor was and still is God. He taught me, lead me, gave me enough strength to continue the journey, picked me up when I fell, pushed me from the back, pulled me up to a higher ground, and most importantly He worked supernaturally and taught the children that He trusted me with. 

Three years later, here we are, my children have been taught and raised by their Father in Heaven. I often call them "children of God", "son of God", "daughter of God" instead of their names simply to remind them who they really are. 

Friends, if you are parents, please remember that your children are God's. As much as you love your children, God loves them even more. Run to Him for instruction and guidance in how to raise and love them. Do your best and when you fall short, He will understand and make it up.

You are enough. 
You have enough. 
because Jesus is more than enough. 

Happy mother's day to all moms. Your children are blessed to have you and to be raised by you. For all solo moms, always remember that you are not forgotten and you are never alone. 

Moms, you are important and greatly appreciated. 




For His glory~





Comments

Popular Posts