Finding Moments



Being a single parent means I have to juggle and balance more things. Fulfilling the children's physical, spiritual and emotional needs while trying to fill both roles as a mom and a dad is surely TOUGH.

I was struggling with a guilty feeling when I felt like I wasn't able to fulfill their needs. I felt really bad when I wasn't there for them like I used to be. Until recently when I finally realized that my children didn't need me to be by their side 24/7. Instead, they need me to be fully present whenever there are moments. Moments like: an unplanned lunch date with my daughter, a silly dance along before bed time, a pillow fight, sunday morning breakfast, a talk during car ride, letting my daughter do her first make up trial on me, 2 minutes cuddling upon waking up, and many more.

So friends, let's open our eyes, ears, and hearts more and find precious moments instead of struggling with guilty feelings.

And when the moment is here ...
grab it, 
capture it, 
cherish it
together with your children.

Each moment will surely be banked in their heart and memory forever.

Lastly, please remember that you don't have to be both parents - God will make up for what's missing (I need to remember this, too!)




YOU ARE NEVER ALONE



For His Glory~


Comments

Helena said…
Felecia,
What beautiful and inspiring words.
I am glad I found your blog.
I also do ministry with women, especially those who are divorced, widows, or single moms. Bless you for stepping forward in love.
I'd love to hear more of your story :)
Love,
Helena Jordao
(Phylla House)
phyllahouse.com

Popular Posts