I am not a Super Mom






I tried to be one
I thought I had to be one
It was exhausting
It was totally out of control
No more joy, no more life
I was overwhelmed

I don't want to be one
One day I asked myself "why do I have to be one?"
Dragging myself daily to juggle things beyond my capability
No longer able to put up a face
Then a light went on
That day I decided "I had enough of this game"

I don't need to be one
I realized who I am in the eyes of my Daddy King
Enough grace for every task in every life's season
Taking one task at a time
Taking one risk at a time
To see Him greater than myself

I am a special mom
With a specific mission on earth
Free to be a woman He created me to be
My best effort and His unending grace
I am enough to be one special mom
Forget the super mom

So let me just be a mom
Who loves unconditionally
Who sees the best in others
Who gives my all
Who lives life to the fullest
Whose joy doesn't depend on circumstances

Embracing chaotic morning
Laughing at mistakes
Loving flaws
Letting go of control
Walking in vulnerability
Are now some of my favorite things

I am not a super mom
You are not a super mom
No one asks you to be one
So, here is a permission
Fly and soar high
You are a special mom



----------------------
This post is dedicated to all special moms and moms-to-be out there! 
Woman, you are precious. So be who you are and never measure yourself against anything but the woman who God created you to be. 


With so much Love and Respect,
Felecia





Comments

Popular Posts