Freedom




A few nights ago, the children and I engaged in a futuristic conversation. We were talking about what's going to happen in our future, we even touched the area of remarry-ing a bit. In the heat of the discussion, I spilled my heart out and said

"When you grow up, I want you to be free. Each of you will marry the love of your life and have your own little family. You will have children and live in the place where God wants you to be. I want you to dream and chase your dream, travel, and change the world. I don't want you to worry about me".

Then my daughter said "But I want to live with you for the rest of my life".

photo courtesy of pyara photo www.pyaraphoto.com
photo courtesy of pyara photo www.pyaraphoto.com

Then it dawned on me how much God is just like that. He gives me freedom. He gives me a free-will. He never intended to create a controllable robot. He trusts me. All He wants from me is a relationship, an intimate one, for me to know His heart and listen to His heartbeat. And because of that freedom, I choose to and want to live with Him for the rest of my life.

The freedom that draws us closer, not pushes us farther.

photo courtesy of pyara photo www.pyaraphoto.com


Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17


Friends, have you been receiving an invitation to freedom?



For His Glory~

Comments

Popular Posts