You're doing just fine.




How many of you ever wondered 
"What is exactly that You want me to do on Earth, Lord?".  

I went through several seasons throughout my life trying to find an answer to that simple question. During my 11 years as a stay-at-home mom, I asked that question a lot (like seriously, a lot). When all I could see was a huge pile of dirty laundry and a mountain of dirty dishes. When all I could hear was whining, crying, questions, arguments from three little mouths. When all I could feel was tiredness, sleepiness, fatigue, and everything else in between. 

"Is this it, Lord?" 

Then a few years ago as I stepped into a new season, pursuing career, I thought the answer would come knocking at my door. But guess what? My heart was still walking around in a discovery journey. 

Then one day, He whispered "Stop searching, start living".
A light bulb just went on. 

S T A R T  L I V I N G.  N O W. 

translated into 
Start doing what you're doing wholeheartedly 
Start focusing in the now instead of in the dreams of the future 
Start breathing the air of today 
Start finding the beauty of your current journey
Start pausing and enjoy every moment that soon will become memories  
Start looking at the person in front of you 
Start laughing at the silliness of your little followers 
Start embracing your role as 
a _________,
a mother,
a daughter,
a _________,
a leader,
a partner,
a _________,
a helper,
a mentor,
a _________

Stop searching, the answer is right within you, in the center of what you are currently doing right now. My life was changed. I looked at seasons differently. I perceived challenges with a different mindset. I came up with less questions and more thanksgiving. 

Start doing what you have been doing, believing that you are exactly where God wants you to be right now AND doing what He wants you to do right now.  The light is within you, start shining wherever you are. 


Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; 
you formed me in my mother’s womb. 
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! 
Body and soul, I am marvelously made! 
I worship in adoration—what a creation! 
You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; 
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, 
how I was sculpted from nothing into something. 
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; 
all the stages of my life were spread out before you, 

The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.

Psalm 139 (MSG)

===========================


This post is written for all of you but with my fellow mothers in mind. Remember this quote below by Andy Stanley on the days when everything seems to go wrong. We all have those days, don't we? (xoxo)




For His Glory~




Comments

Popular Posts