You Can Win




I am here to confess that I have fallen into comparison traps so many times throughout my life. Even this morning as I scrolled through my Instagram feed, unconsciously I told myself "I wish I could travel all around the world" "I wish I had her amazing collection of shoes" "Her life is so fun and vibrant, my life is so dull and boring" "Look at them, they are so happy!"

How many of you have ever been in that place?

We've heard about how comparison kills but still falling into the traps over and over again, especially in the days when social media has become a big part of life. Without realizing, we allow ourselves to run both wishing and pity parties. We see other people's highlights of life through our struggles. Our lives become miserable because we feel like we don't have everything that we ever want and dream of. Misery that soon turns into anger "When is my turn? It seems unfair because their prayers are all answered but not mine". Jealousy creeps in and leaves us feeling not having enough. Fear then joins the party and soon we feel like giving all up.

How many of you have ever been in that place?

Comparison kills
It kills faith
It feeds on fear
It limits God's given freedom
It blocks vision
It diminishes creativity
It masks capability
It highlights lacks
It focuses on self
It builds insecurity
It paralyzes dream
It doubts God
It kills. period.

Some of us might be fighting with the battle of comparison for a while. Well, I have a good news for you. YOU CAN WIN the battle like I did. Although it took some time for me to overcome, God's grace never once left me. When I fell, He picked me back up, over and over again.

Let me share three Cs that I focus on whenever comparison starts to creep in.

1. Confidence
Have confidence that God loves you. As a Father whose love is so deep regardless any condition, He always has the best in store for each of His children. Your journey may be different than other people but it doesn't mean that He doesn't love you. Let God be your confidence, not your accomplishment or your current season. Choose to embrace your unique story and be secured enough in His love.

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns". Philippians 1:6



2. Count
Count every single blessing that you have received from God, big and small, seen and unseen. Remind yourself where He has brought you from and be grateful for His grace, provision, and faithfulness. Choose to be grateful for the gifts of people in your lives, friends and families near and far. Choose to rejoice with them, when their prayers are answered, when their dreams become reality, even when you are still waiting for yours.

3. Connect
Disconnect yourself from the virtual world by unplugging yourself from the social media. Go back to the old ways of connecting with the real world. Pick up the phone, call your friends and families, reach out and make time to meet them in person. Be fully present and build deep connections with people you love and care about. Connecting with the real world builds love and compassion for others.

So friends, here I am asking you today, please stop comparing yourself to others, keep your eyes on God and be grateful with what you have. Please know that you have more than enough and you can live life to the fullest now. YOU CAN WIN.


We were created for more -way more. 
We were not created for earth-but for eternity. 
We were not created to be liked but to show love. 
We were not created to draw attention to ourselves but to give glory to God. 
We were not created to collect followers but to follow Christ. 
Craig Groeschel #Struggles



For His Glory~


Comments

Popular Posts