About Last Night




Last night I blew up at my child.

This morning I woke up feeling awful and drained than ever. And I decided to ask myself, what's actually going on in my head?
I have failed
I did it again
I should've responded instead of reacted
I just hurt my child
I should've raised her better
I could've prevented it from happening
What did I do wrong?
Was I too soft on her?
Was I too hard on her?
I think I just broke her heart
I am ruining her future

Then I was reminded of things that I have shared with others so many time -God's grace. His more than enough grace that covers all aspects of my life, including my parenting.


But He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; 

for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness. 

Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me. 

2 Corinthians 12:9

As parents, we all know how to give grace. And as much grace as we have given to our children, we have to understand that grace is also reserved for us, parents. God knows how imperfect we are, even when we try to raise our children perfectly; we study, we pray, we follow instructions, yet the reality is, there is no such thing as a perfect parent. We fail (so many times) along the journey. We make mistakes. We react. We do foolish things. We blow up. And that's where I was last night.

I blew up.
I stormed at my child.
It was awful.

But God's grace reminds me again that He knows my flaws and it's okay to make a mistake. His grace tells me that when I blew up last night, there was already a cushion of grace protecting my child's heart. It still hurt but grace was there.

And He asked me, would you receive my Grace that I offer to you as a parent?
I said yes ...

Grace has forgiven my mistakes. I am forgiven and I forgave myself. What a freeing truth. Even when I blew up, Grace was there and will continue to be there for the rest of my parenting journey.

I will continue to parent my child knowing that God is raising my child. God is loving my child even more than me and He is inviting me to partner up with Him. I will continue to raise my child under the light of God's words and promises, I will not beat myself up when I fail but I will trust Him more when I am caught in my weaknesses. I WILL TRUST HIM.



Last night I blew up at my child but I know that
I am forgiven,
I forgave myself,
and I am going to ask my child to forgive me.



Would you forgive yourself? 




For His Glory~




Comments

Popular Posts