41 and this is my Real Name



Forty one years ago, a baby girl was born, her parents named her happiness and joy and the baby was me.

Although I only had few memories in regards of my childhood temperament and personality, I remember how growing up, some friends labeled me as mean. But still some people complimented me for my smile. And I used to believe that everything needs to be perfect for me to finally living out my name, happiness and joy. 

Two decades ago, I entered into what’s called "school of life".
Being married at twenty, I spent the next ten years carrying children, chasing them, raising them, loving them and at the same time trying my best to be the wife for my husband & the daughter for my family.

Then one decade ago, I entered into the REAL school of life, where life itself shattered into pieces. The big American dream crumbled before my eyes. The hearts were broken into millions of dust particles. The hope was lost. The happiness and joy disappeared before my eyes.

One decade ago, I walked through the fire. Yet Grace found me.

I lost the love of my life but found the One whom my soul longs for.
I lost my dream but drawn to rest my head on the shoulder of the Dream Giver.
I lost a future but privileged to serve the One who plans for my future and hope.
I lost what I thought would give me happiness and joy but found the true source of Joy Himself. 

When Grace found me, when I found Him, in the midst of a flawed and imperfect life, He gave me back my name, He became my happiness and joy.

Forty one years ago, a baby girl was called by her name by the One who created her in her mother’s womb. No pain could take her name away. The world couldn’t call her a different way.

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. 
O Israel, the one who formed you says, Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. 
I have called you by name; you are mine. 

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. 
When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. 
When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; 
the flames will not consume you. 

For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. 
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom, 
I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place. 

Others were given in exchange for you. 
I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me. 
You are honored, and I love you. 
Isalah 43:1-4 NLT




Friends, you may be going through a season where it is hard to believe in what God says about you, but trust me, there is no better place to be right now other than trusting the One who calls you by name. You will be okay, trust me.



For His Glory,


Happiness and Joy (aka Felecia Yovita)



Comments

Popular Posts