I wonder


March 2020. It came like a storm no weather forecast ever predicted. Nobody ever thought that the whole world would ever be in pain, together. When I first heard the news that the virus broke out in China, I thought the rest of the world was immune. I thought the spread would be contained faster. Two months prior to this day, my children and I had to travel to Singapore. It was quite a different experience, when we had to go through several health & safety screening protocols in the airport, places we visited and public transportations. It was only the beginning in Singapore, but the city looked quieter than usual. We stayed for two days and went back home not knowing that it might be our last time going to places in the old-familiar way.

Life back home was as usual. Work, school, church, family dinners, hanging out with friends, going to the movies, getting groceries, everything was normal. We thought that it would never touch us. Then it started happening. We saw the news, we received messages, we heard stories. People started panicking. Grocery stores were emptied out. Students were told to stay home. Teachers started to work the extra mile to prepare a temporary way of schooling. Moms went into shock when suddenly they had to juggle several different roles. Businesses were ordered to close for safety issues. Workers were asked to work from home. Leaders were forced to make hard decisions. We all had to make hard decisions.

Life was no longer familiar. The city, the state, the country, the nation, the world was in shock. The world is in grief. The world is mourning the pain of losing their beloveds.

I wonder how this story is going to end. I wonder what I would tell my grandchildren one day about the year 2020 when their mom & dad were only 19, 16 and 12. But one thing I know, there will be a really good story coming out of this. A story of strong people, you and me, who are brave enough to embrace the new way of living, to keep walking, and to hold on to HOPE.




Stay strong, my friends, wherever you are. You are never alone. God is not watching you from afar but instead He is standing right next to you. You are brave. You are strong. You are loved.


Praying for you,
Felecia


Comments

Popular Posts