The Best Season of Life



My children and I have been enjoying sharing lives with my beloved parents in the past 7 years. Living with my parents was one of God’s gifts to us that has allowed me to rebuild my life. For my children, witnessing seasons revolved in our big family’s lives, has allowed them to experience God in tangible ways.

It was one Saturday morning in November, after an interesting breakfast conversation with my parents, my 11-year-old son asked me “Mom, when is the best season of your life?” Caught by surprise, the question made me think and take account of seasons of my life. It took me a few days to answer his question.

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed about the future. I grew up listening to endless stories of older cousins and their friends. I saw them dated in high school, graduated college, married their sweethearts, built a career, a happy family and a life we all dreamed of. Growing up, I was always excited, nervous and looking forward to the future. I always thought my best season was ahead of me.

Right after graduated from high school, I moved to a different country, met the love of my life, got married, and lived the life I always dreamed of. And even with life’s highs and lows, I could say that I had some best seasons of life.

Then I thought life was over when he’s gone. Everything crumbled, I had the worst of the worst. I thought it was the end of it but I was found by Grace. Grace rebuilt what I thought was ruined. Grace helped me to see the beauty of life and assisted me to walk through every season. 

Fast forward to 2020, having gone through seasons, some unimaginables, here I am, more alive than ever. Again and again, I owe it all to God’s loving and gentle hands. I am here because of His love.

So, after a few days, I had an answer for my son, and told him
“Son, the best season of life is NOW” 




Seasons may come and go, even in what we think is the best season, anything can happen, and depending on our views of life, any season can be either the best or the worst. Then we will have to wait for the next one to come, we will rush, and dismiss the now. And what if the next season is not the best yet? When will it be? We will always live in a rush for something that is always uncertain.

So, what if we live in the now and start tuning into the beauty, the growth, the transformation. 

We embrace the good and the not so good and live in peace knowing that God is always present in every season. That He is the best thing that could ever happen to us.
No matter what it is and what may come in our way, the challenges, the laughters, the tears, the joy, the success, the failure, the starting over, in sickness, in health, in poor, in richess, it will always be better when we breathe now, to see now, to daydream yet to embrace now, to love now and to be grateful now.




I believe we can view any season as the best season of our lives.
I believe we have the freedom to choose to live, love and laugh regardless of any circumstances.
I believe there’s no need to wait anymore.
I believe we just need to embrace now.


Live today, live now

Felecia


Comments

Popular Posts